Donating Toys & Gifts
Giving toys, games, treats or other presents for patients is a kind thought and we’re so grateful that your thinking about us, but the best gift that you can give your hospitals is a donation – no matter how big or small!
What difference could my donation make?
Every donation to Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals Charity counts. And they add up to make an even bigger difference for our patients and colleagues. Your support could:
- Improve and update hospital buildings and facilities
- Help us invest in brand new life-changing specialist equipment
- Fund projects that improve the health and wellbeing of our colleagues who work tirelessly to care for our loved ones
- Fund the small things which make a big difference to our patients such as care packages for patients who come to hospital with no belongings or teddy bears for children spending the night at hospital.
I’d like to donate a gift – what do I need to do?
Please get in touch with our Charity Team first to discuss your ideas. You can email us on email@example.com.
We try to make sure that any offers of gifts-in-kind are genuinely needed, and we will take the advice of our colleagues before accepting your donation. You can also purchase gifts directly from our Amazon Wishlists below.
Please note, for health and safety and infection control reasons, we are generally unable to accept:
- Second-hand clothes, toys or games
- Second-hand books or used magazines
Donating to our Children’s Ward
If you would like to donate to our children’s ward, gifts for the very young, (e.g. babies) and older children (e.g. teenagers) are the ages that tend to get most overlooked, Gifts could include rattles etc for the young babies and toiletries or gift vouchers for older children.
If you need ideas of what to donate, our colleagues have helped us establish an Amazon Wishlist of items that are needed for our wards. You can buy something directly from Amazon for your chosen hospital using the lists below.
Don’t forget to use smile.amazon.co.uk to purchase your gift. Simply click the link to the right of this text, click ‘get started’ and log in to your normal amazon account.